The consular services of the Embassy of Portugal are working to conclude the immense number of processes that accumulated during the Pandemics. We ask your understanding for the impact of this effort on our visa operations.
For more information about travel and visas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or check the link below.
Area of Jurisdiction, Schedule and Contacts
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Portugal in New Delhi has jurisdiction over the entire Indian territory, except for Goa, Maharashtra, Daman, Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli (competence of the Consulate General of Portugal in Goa), Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and the Maldives, by providing consular assistance to national citizens residing here, or in transit, and processing visa applications for foreign nationals residing there who need to travel to Portugal.
Honorary consuls in India and neighboring countries do not practice consular acts.
- Phone: 0091 11 46071001
- email@example.com (Consular Services)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (travel to Portugal & visas)
- 4, Panchsheel Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021
9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Submit your visa application through our external service provider by clicking here: Apply for VISA to Portugal;
- The visa application appointment works on a pre-payment basis;
- Do not accept proposals of early appointments from third parties against payment. This practice is illegal and should be communicated immetiately to our consular services: email@example.com;
- If an gent is involved in the process, the visa aplication may be refused;
- You may consult all necessary Schengen documents here;
- You may consult general information regarding Schengen visas in India here;
- The average decision period for Schengen visas is of 10 days;
- Schengen visa applicants in Bangladesh are requested to submit their visa applications at the Embassy of France in Dhaka.
- Business / Conference: 80 EUR / Children between 6-12 years: 40 EUR
- Tourism: 80 EUR / Children between 6-12 years: 40 EUR
- Visit to Family and Friends: 80 EUR / Children between 6-12 years: 40 EUR
- Transit Visa (Seamen): 80 EUR
- EU National (Family Visit): free
- Schengen Visa for Seasonal Work up to 90 days: 80 EUR
- Scientific Research: free
- Study / Training: 90 EUR
- Work Visa: 90 EUR
- Family Reunification: 90 EUR
- Temporary stay visa: 65 EUR
For further information please visit the Portuguese Visa Portal (https://vistos.mne.gov.pt/en/)
OTHER CONSULAR SERVICES
In order to minimize your waiting time, we ask you to always contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and schedule your visit in advance.
The following consular acts require prior scheduling:
- Making or renewal of Citizen Card;
- Making or renewal of Passport;
- Recognitions / Attestations and Civil Registry (Births / Marriages / Deaths).
CONSULAR SUPPORT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Travel / hotel reservations;
- Hotel payments, health expenses, among others, or participate in disputes related to such expenses;
- Provision of funds for the payment of any costs in procedures and fines;
- Ensure the release of a prison establishment;
- Provision of interpreters, translators or translation of documents (the latter only possible with payment of the applicable taxes);
- Legal representation in procedures or provision of legal support;
- Obtaining preferential treatment under local authorities;
- Obtaining job opportunities or work visas in place of the national concerned;
- Renewal of the Indian visa or guarantee the issuance of an entry visa to another country;
- Collection or delivery of correspondence on behalf of the national concerned.
HOLIDAYS CALENDAR 2023
26 Republic Day
15 Swami Dayananda Saraswati's Anniversary
30 Ram Navami
07 Good Friday
25 Freedom Day
10 Portuguese National Day
15 Independence Day
02 Mahatma Gandhi's Anniversary
27 Guru Nanak's Anniversary
25 Christmas Day